Using variables in kickstart file

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 18 21:50:25 UTC 2007

Gabrie wrote:
> So, if I get this right.... I can use /proc/cmdline to read the
> command line that kickstart has been called from and use the output in
> the kickstart file (network section)?

No, you can't just use variables in the network line.

And I don't believe that you will be able to insert or include or
modify the network line parameters during %pre.  Yes, this works for
packages and partitioning, but I think it's too late for network
parameters.  Now I could be wrong, maybe that is not true for dhcp or
cd-based installs.  (You haven't said what your install method is,
though you mentioned a dhcp server in passing.)

-Ed