rhel5 and kickstart

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 23 17:34:49 UTC 2007

Jim Bird wrote:
> I've been using kickstart via http/pxe on our rhel4 servers for a while
> now and have recently created a rhel5 image on the same kickstart
> server.  I've replaced the vmlinuz and initrd files and can't get it to
> work.  It stops when it is looking for the .discinfo file in the disc1
> directory of my rhel5 image repository (which isn't there).  My rhel5
> image is identical to the dvd image as provided by RedHat.  Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I also see a [much-too-long] delay during ftp
installs, while anaconda tries and retries to find .discinfo.  It's
long enough to make you think things are hung, and start looking for a
problem on alternate consoles, at which point you can see what is
going on.  But eventually it moves on to the next thing.  Did you give
it plenty of time?

-Ed