unable to use kickstart file with pungi generated iso

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Jul 19 15:04:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:15:51 +0530
"Jaswinder Singh Kohli" <jskohli at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just unable to use the kickstart file which specifies the
> packages wiht the iso file generated by pungi.
>
> The same kickstart file works with the official Fedora 7 DVD but when
> i create a new DVD
> image by integrating the updates from the Update Tree,(from a local
> rsync'd repo)
>
> It spits out the some error by the yuminstall as if it is trying to
> get some header but was
> unsuccessful.
>
>  I have attached all possible files, which may or may not point in the
> direction of the error.
>
> Any ideas what is going wrong.
>
> pungi command line = pungi --all-stages
>
> works out ok, gives me DVD image to play with.

This doesn't have much to do with pungi, other than you used it to
create a tree with updated packages.  There was a change to yum in how
it dealt with package headers, and this led to there not being a
headers directory created.  This trips up anaconda, as it expects the
old behavior of yum.  Fear not, as this has been fixed in yum cvs, and
I expect there to be a yum update for Fedora 7 soon that addresses this
and some other issues.  Another spin with pungi once the new yum is in
place should resolve this.

In the mean time, you could exclude the newer yum from your pungi tree
and things should just work.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)