rhel5 and kickstart

Jim Bird jbird at me.dium.com
Mon Jul 23 17:30:11 UTC 2007

I'm actually using the root of the repository. So you're suggesting that
I use root/VT?

--JB

What are you using for the source URL?

RHEL5 is split into a few different repos, and (what I do in Cobbler
anyway) is use the Server one for the main install tree and add the
other repos with the "repo" kickstart
directive, if you need to use them. (I think "VT" is one of those).

This way the main install tree gets set up correctly and you can also
get to the other repos as well, because RHEL5 Anaconda supports
attaching to those other repositories in kickstart.

So, I'm guessing that your install source probably isn't pointing at the

right place. You could try tweaking it, or you could perhaps just use
"cobbler import" and it will
set that up automagically :)

--Michael