rhel5 and kickstart

Jim Bird jbird at me.dium.com
Mon Jul 23 17:52:46 UTC 2007

I believe that I've left it unattended for quite some time while trying
to search for what may be wrong.  I've even created bogus disc1-6
directories and placed the .discinfo file in there and it hangs on
disc7...  LOL

For what it's worth, I also see a [much-too-long] delay during ftp
installs, while anaconda tries and retries to find .discinfo.  It's
long enough to make you think things are hung, and start looking for a
problem on alternate consoles, at which point you can see what is
going on.  But eventually it moves on to the next thing.  Did you give
it plenty of time?

-Ed