Kickstart issue

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:55:49 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Shabazian, Chip <Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com> wrote:

> This is a problem for us as well.  The most reliable solution I've been
> given (but haven't had time to try) is to bust open your initrd and change
> the entry for your HBA to "ignore" in the /modules/pcitable file.
>
> There are a number of options that are SUPPOSED to work, like latefcload,
> but it hasn't worked for us.

latefcload was added in a fairly recent update for RHEL 3, but I don't
know if it's in RHEL 4.  "nostorage" is another option only for RHEL 4
(and probably RHEL 5, but I have not tested it).  On my previous team,
we specified "nostorage" for all servers and then ks.cfg contained
"device scsi cciss" for HP.  This made sure we didn't overwrite any
SAN storage.

/Brian/