kickstart comps.xml file issue.

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:38:59 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Rajesh Tiwari <r.tiwari at nihilent.com> wrote:

> Can anyone please suggest me how to mdify comps.xml file or if it is now required.

Rajesh,

Two groups, core and base, are required by Anaconda.  If you don't
define them, Anaconda will barf.  Also, core and base should contain a
minimal working system with closed dependencies.  If you start
removing RPMs from core and base, make sure they're not needed by
anything.  If you don't care about LSB compliance, removing the
redhat-lsb RPM and anything you don't need which is required by
redhat-lsb, that's a good start to making a smaller distro.

/Brian/