NFS versus HTTP kickstart

Matt Fahrner Matt.Fahrner at coat.com
Thu Jun 14 15:53:33 UTC 2007

We currently use the NFS based kickstart for our installations but are
trying to move to HTTP. However, in both our Fedora and RedHat 9 tests,
while most things seem to be the same, some things don't seem to behave
symmetrically.

For instance, and our biggest problem, is with Fedora Core 6 where with
an NFS install it correctly probes and sets the graphics card in
"/etc/xorg.conf" (to Intel "i810"), but with an HTTP install it probes
it and sets the wrong one ("vesa").

We verified it's not an issue with the "%post" having a dependency on
the NFS install directory, plus none of our home grown code/RPMs touches
"xorg.conf". You'd think it would behave the same regardless.

Anyone with a possible explanation (or solution)?

Thanks in advance,

			- Matt

Matt Fahrner                                    2 South Park St.
Chief Systems Architect                         Willis House
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse               Lebanon, N.H.  03766
Tel: (603) 448-4100 x5150                       USA
Fax: (603) 443-6190                             Matt.Fahrner at COAT.COM