Linuxworld Kickstart Tips and Tricks

Steve Robson srobson at cadence.com
Wed Jun 20 08:28:24 UTC 2007

> From: "Shabazian, Chip" <Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com>
>
> Howdy,
>
> As I mentioned a while back, I'm doing a "Kickstart Tips and Tricks"
> seminar at Linuxworld this summer, and I need to finish (ok, START and
> finish) my presentation this weekend.  I've gotten a few good tips from
> you all, so this is my final call for help:

<snip>

> * What else should I be asking for and presenting

Hi Chip,

   One aspect of kickstart that I've not been able to solve
satisfactorily is to have the process detect existing LVM partitions,
retaining all of them and reformatting some of them.  I had to resort to
using a ks.cfg file which had no partitioning information in it at all,
which allowed anaconda to drop out to disk druid.  I could then tell it
what I wanted and the install then carried on.

   If you have a solution to this which would allow a 100% unattanded
install, I for one would appreciate it.

--
   Regards,
   Steve

IT Support - UNIX/Linux                        Cadence Design Systems
                                                Bagshot Road
                                                Bracknell BERKSHIRE
                                                RG12 0PH   UK