Repack a FC7 install to include an unsupported controller

Alessio Focardi alessiof at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:17:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

we normally use a kickstarted FC7 installation to install customers servers,
recently we tried this method with a "mini pc" that has a VIA chipset (VIA
CX700M) that doesn't seem to be supported: no hard disk is detected while
installing.

I suppose that the initrd of the install ISO should be updated, but it's not
clear to me how this can be accomplished.

Particullary my first question is about what's actually included in the
standard initrd so I can generate a new one with the same stuff plus the VIA
driver.

Also: adding the driver to the install initrd will solve the problem or
should I also package a new kernel rpm or else ?

sorry if my request is off topic, and tnx for any help!

Alessio Focardi
Interconnessioni Italy