From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Mariani, Luca
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:04 PM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: kernel parameters

Hi all,

I'm upgrading a bootable CD which uses kickstart to automatically install REHL4 Upgrade3 and a subset of programs.

The upgrade is needed by a new hardware that requests a special kernel parameter to boot the system (in particular the kernel parameter is 'pci=nommconf' and it should be needed to use the Smart Array Controller)

I've been able to add this parameter in kickstart config file and now the boot is working fine (I'm using GRUB as bootloader), but I must type the kernel parameter by hand at installation prompt...

Is there a way to configure kickstart (or something else) in order to autamatically pass this kernel parameter to installation process too?

Thanks

Regards

/Luca