kernel parameters

Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer) Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Wed Mar 7 10:49:43 UTC 2007

Hi Luca

'grubby' is the tool to automate modifications to /etc/grub.conf (and the config files of other boot loaders).

Amongst other things, in my %post section I have

grubby --grub --update-kernel=`grubby --default-kernel` --args "${KERNEL_PARAMS} root=LABEL=/"

Where $KERNEL_PARAMS are programatically determined previous in the %post section.

Hope this helps.

CC