-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Bill-S
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:06 AM
To: Kickstart
Subject: Adding Broadcom BCM5708 (nic) module to kickstart?

Hello Family,

I was curious as to how to add a newer nic driver to a pre-exisiting
kickstart setup.

Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 11)

With RHEL4 and the new DELL-2950's, it appears that there is no support for
the following network card.  I ran CentOS-4.4 "live" and got the following
info for the nic came up then:

#############################
/etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth1 bnx2
alias eth0 bnx2
alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid_sas
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd

[root localhost ~]#

grep bnx2 /lib/modules/2.6.9-42.livecd.c4/modules.dep

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.livecd.c4/kernel/drivers/net/bnx2.ko: