Adding Broadcom BCM5708 (nic) module to kickstart?

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Wed Mar 14 12:43:37 UTC 2007

What version of RHEL did you use? I run RHEL4.4 on HP DL series machines
which have the same nic and it works just fine. CentOS 4.4 corrosponds to
RHEL4.4 so if you tried an earlier release of RHEL then that might explain
it.

Be aware that the bnx2 driver shipping with RHEL4.4 has a nasty (but rarely
seen) bug which took our cluster nodes down every few hours. Something the
dlm was doing triggered it.

Corey Kovacs
Senior Systems Engineer
Technology Management Associates