SUMMARY: RE: KickStart Issue

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Wed Mar 21 12:09:13 UTC 2007

Just a note, there is no "probably linux messed up with the file format"
issue here. Any *NIX variant treats linefeeds differently than DOS based
utilites. What happens is DOS based utilites put different control characters
at the end of text lines than *NIX utilities do. For as long as it has been
this way, to expect a text file edited on a windows machine to appear as
expected on a *NIX machine is not even in the realm of reasonable.
Furthermore, since *NIX systems have been around much longer than DOS based
systems, I'd say that "probably Windows messed up with the file format"...

But thats just me :)

Aside from all that, I'm glad you were able to figure it out and get things
going. Have fun :)

Regards.

Corey Kovacs
Senior Systems Engineer