Install to local drive instead of a fibre attached SAN

Beamon, John John.Beamon at turner.com
Fri Mar 23 20:08:16 UTC 2007

That helped.  I didn't have the terms to search for.  There's a boot option "nostorage" that will skip disk drivers.  You then put "device scsi qla2300" to load only Qlogic as "/dev/sda" or "device scsi qla2300:mptscsih" to load both Qlogic and mptbase cards.  I do NOT find that this method allows you to specify Qlogic as "/dev/sdb" or "/dev/sda" in a two-controller list.

I also stumbled across a native kickstart boot option "latefcload", which loads fibre channel drivers last among all scsi modules.  This is a good basic way to install the OS on local drives without having to worry about nuking an attached SAN volume.

Thanks, Stephen.

-j