how to force inclusion of i386 packages in x86_64 distro

Greg Bulman Greg.Bulman at pdi.dreamworks.com
Wed Mar 28 17:06:52 UTC 2007

In your list of RPMS you can add the dot notated architecture extensions.
To include the i386 cyrus-sasl-gssapi on an x86_64 OS install list this
cyrus-sasl-gssapi.i386

To exclude openssl096b (both of them since they both by default install)
do this
-openssl096b.i386
-openssl096b.x86_64

This assumes the i386 rpms are in the channels or repositories already
and you just want the installer to pick them up.

-Greg Bulman