Kickstarting an RX4640 Itanium

Bryan Stillwell bryan.stillwell at hp.com
Wed Mar 28 17:51:46 UTC 2007

Matt,

I work in HP's Open Source and Linux Organization and I've done multiple
kickstart installs on Itanium hardware and everything looks right to me.
  It sounds like the cciss driver isn't being loaded during your
kickstart install for some reason.  Can you switch to the shell (Alt-F2)
and run lsmod (or 'cat /proc/modules') and see if the cciss driver is
loaded when you receive that message?

You can also try adding the following line to the top of your kickstart
script to make sure the cciss driver is loaded:

device scsi cciss

BTW, how did you manage to fit four internal drives in an rx4640?
There's only room for two.

Bryan