Re: Setting environment variable

On 29/03/07, Bob Huisman <Bob Huisman filterworks com> wrote:
I have been thinking about making a package which sets some of the
environment variables, and have that installed too, but I understood
that the order of installation of packages is not always the same...

You can control the order of installation by making your
environment-setting package as a dependency for the other packages.

As the system has just been installed, there are no pre-set environment
variables which can be used. I was wondering whether and how it is
possible to set an environment variable before installation of any
custom packages?

I'd create a file in /etc/sysconfig for my custom environment (via a
separate package or by just echo whatever > /etc/sysconfig/myenviron),
and source that file in the %pre section of my specfile.

Binand