Location of installation media no longer /tmp/cdrom?

Pat patchu1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 01:02:23 UTC 2007

https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2007-May/msg00007.html.
> It's a bug, the cdrom drive is being unmounted to
> early in the ks
> process, it manifests itself most commonly on "eject
> only" mechanism
> type drives because the mount request normally
> retracts the draw on
> capable devices which is also probably why it wasn't
> picked up during
> testing.
> To fix manually, open up stage2.img and change
> dispatch.py, swapping the
> lines:
>
> ("methodcomplete", doMethodComplete, ),
> ("dopostaction", doPostAction, ),
>
> for
>
> ("dopostaction", doPostAction, ),
> ("methodcomplete", doMethodComplete, ),

Thanks for the tip, I tried editing the stage2.img and
creating a new install CD, however I received the
following error during the install (from my notes)
with that CD:

No CentOS CD was found which matches your boot media.
Please insert the CentOS CD and press OK to retry.

If I press CONTROL-ALT-F3 I see the following
messages:
-mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as
/mnt/source/images/stage2.img fd is 10
-umounting loopback /mnt/runtime loop 0
-mounting stage2 failed
-ejecting /tmp/cdrom

CONTROL-ALT-F3 show the following messages:
<7>ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Juliet Level 3
<4> Unable to load NLF charset utf8
<4> Unable to load NLF charset utf8
<7>ISO 9660 Extensions:  RRIP_1991A
<4>Unable to identify CD-ROM format
<4>VFS: Can't find an ext2 fileystem on dev loop0

Here's the steps I took to create the new install CD:

# cp /mnt/cdrom/images/stage2.img .
# mkdir anaconda
# mount -rw -t squashfs -o loop stage2.img anaconda/
<EDIT anaconda/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py with above
changes>
# cp -av anaconda/* new/
# cd new
# mksquashfs . ../stage2.img.new

I then copied that stage2.img.new to a copy of my
current install DVD, overwriting the original
stage2.img, and burned the new image. However, I got
that error above. Did I need to change any other files
since I altered stage2.img?

BTW I noticed when I do a file command on the original
stage2.img and the stage2.img.new I get the following
info:

# file stage2.img
stage2.img: Squashfs filesystem, little endian,
version 3.0, 0 bytes, 7905 inodes, blocksize: 65536
bytes, created: Tue Apr 10 12:50:46 2007

# file stage2.img.new
stage2.img.new: Squashfs filesystem, little endian,
version 3.0, 1268861952 bytes, 7904 inodes, blocksize:
65536 bytes, created: Fri May 18 16:24:11 2007

Notice how the size of the original stage2.img say 0
bytes versus 1268861952 bytes for the new one I
created.

In order to create stage2.img.new, I downloaded and
compiled squashfs3.2-r2.tar.gz so I could get
mksquashfs.

If you can spot where I went wrong, please let me
know. Thanks!