RHEL5 kickstart needs to mount cdrom in postinst

Martin Steinmann msteinmann at vesbridge.com
Wed May 9 13:35:02 UTC 2007

> > Is
> > this an updated stage2.img?
>
> No, it's just an updated installmethod.py that will be used in place
of
> the one that comes with anaconda.
>
> > Adding it to the boot flags means adding it
> > to isolinux.cfg?
>
> When you boot up and are staring at the boot prompt on the CD, you
just
> add updates=... after the target you want to boot.  You can do this
with
> network booting as well.
>
> The updates procedure is documented in the docs/install-methods.txt
file
> that comes with anaconda and at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates.

Wow! It worked. Many thanks for all the help. I added the updates.img
file into the tree on the CD and created a new CD. It now runs
postinstall without ejecting the CD.

Is there a similarly elegant way to add a driver disk image?  I am still
struggling embedding an additional RAID driver into the boot CD. I
suppose I need to update the initial initrd file (using mkinitrd) and
then tell Anaconda to load the driver image during stage2. Can the
driver disk image be placed somewhere into the tree similar to the
updates.img?

Thanks
--martin