FC6 - How to update packages on kickstart server

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu May 10 19:21:50 UTC 2007

You would share the mounted ISO over any protocol (HTTP/FTP/...)

However this would only give you the core repository.

The tool Shabazian is talking about (yesterday at the RH Summit), is
Revisor. This tool will allow you to specify your own set or
repositories, create custom package sets (including specific versions of
packages), and create CD, DVD and Live Media. As a side effect, it'll
also have a build tree or unified ISO which you can then use.

The Revisor developers (Jonathan Steffan and myself) have submitted
Revisor for review in the Fedora Repository, and it'll only work for
F7+, but nonetheless should be able to create valid buildtrees for FC6+.

A kickstart file (which it appears you already have), can be used to
specify the package manifest, so you don't need to resolve dependencies
over all 7000+ packages ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen