Unable toget any httprequests: Unable toretreive netstg2.imgfile

Mukarram Syed muksyed at stanford.edu
Thu May 17 18:02:09 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Since I started this thread, let me finish it.

I got it to work.  Thanks to everyone in this list.  I couldn't have done it
without your help.

There were 3 problems:

1.                   Spanning Tree/portfast was not enabled on the switch
ports.

2.                   I was working on Dell PE2950's.  They have a Link
Enumeration issue. NIC Port1 becomes eth1 and NIC port2 becomes eth0.

Hence, what I did was this in my default file:

label 1

  kernel ENT_LINUX_64/vmlinuz

  append nofb ks=http://171.67.39.130/ENT_LINUX_64/Enterprise/ks.cfg
initrd=ENT_LINUX_64/initrd.img ramdisk_size=10000 lang= devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=9216 ksdevice=eth1 console=ttyS0,9600 ipappend 1

I changed ksdevice=link to ksdevice=eth1

3.       The third problem was I had to change the following link in my
ks.cfg file to reflect eth1 instead of eth0

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth1

That was it

Thanks again.

-Mukarram.