Unable to get any httprequests: Unable toretreive netstg2.imgfile

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Thu May 17 23:09:38 UTC 2007

> Then it wouldn't matter much what the timeout is, if eth1 comes up and
we can get the ks file from it
>(Or later, can get the install source) and eth0 is still dithering
around, well we're on the way with
> eth1 and who cares?

This doesn't work in environments such as a DMZ environment where you
have to make sure that the one NIC (out of 3, 4, or more) that is on the
only subnet that allows this traffic, is the one that is used.

Also, this particular problem isn't whether or not you are accessing the
right NIC, but the problem that pump times out before portfast turns the
port up.  It shouldn't matter if you have one or 20 NIC's, they should
all have the same portfast problem.

Dialog is good though, if we keep discussing the core issue and come up
with a good resolution, we can get this incorporated into the process
somewhere to make sure the problem is worked around.