More on NFS problem

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 04:02:25 UTC 2007

Stowe,

Thank you for identifying that post.  I find it radical to have to go to all the
trouble of rebuilding an initrd image for one OS, much less for all the ones I
have to work with, just to get it to boot past an NFS problem.

I'm still struggling with this.  It just floors me that I can totally kickstart a
VM to completion on one system, simply register the MAC address in the kickstart
server to foster a build on the other physical system (that is the ONLY change)
and it NEVER builds.

Is anyone besides me using a MAC to virtually build systems?

Will updating my kickstart server to Fedora 8 do me any good?

Will reverting back to something like Fedora Core 4 or Fedora Core 5, be any
better?

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer