More on NFS problem

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 06:34:01 UTC 2007

John,

Thank you.

I probably could dig into initrd.img hacking, but the subsequent rounds of
testing to handle scenarios of employment don't seem to make it worth doing when
compared with my targets/goals/objectives.  My customer tends to look for
hardware and operating systems that work right out of the box, with the
end-implementation being the holy-rolled magic bean.

You'd mentioned about an old post, and from that, its "... something that should
not occur now".  I agree.  I would have thought these versions of the OS, being
years later, would have had such problems nuked.  And again, rolling up many
initrd images simply didn't seem like a practical application of time.

Would still like to know if anyone is using a MacPro, with Windoze and VMware
installed to kickstart build systems.

I'd asked about migrating my kickstart server to Fedora 8 for a couple of
reasons.  I've heard that it might actually be more stable and reliable (like for
avoiding the kinds of problems I have) by using an older OS for the kickstart'er.
So along those lines I'd expected to hear from folks who've experience and/or an
opinion on that, based on their experiences in the past.  Further, I wanted to
save the time installing Fedora 8 if someone's experience told them it would be a
waste of time.  Sure, I can try it, and see what I get.  And with the exhaustion
of other viable things to test/try, might be worth it.

I think I got everything.

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer