EL5 kickstart configuration issue

Roger Leonard roger.leonard at ericsson.com
Wed Nov 7 16:17:51 UTC 2007

I have been using nfs kickstart for years with no issues by mounting iso
1 and copying the "Redhat" dir to my installation area specified in my
ks.cfg and then mounting CD's 2-5 and copying the Redhat/RPMS dir to the
installation RPMS dir.  This worked up until ES5 where it looks like the
installation paths changed from Redhat to Server and the rpms are
directly under the Server dir rather than being in a Redhat/RPMS dir.
So I copied the entire contents of my cd #1 to the installation area and
then mounted and copied just the Server dir to my installation area and
anaconda appears to work ok but as soon as it trys to install the rpms
it can't find xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.5-9.2.el5.x86_64.rpm or says its
corrupt.  That file is there and is the same md5sum as the iso so it
looks like there is some sort of path issue or something.  Permissions
are fine.  Can anyone point me at the "proper"  way to set up a cdrom
based NFS kickstart installation tree with EL5?  Do I copy all the CD's
over on top of each other in the installation area?  What am I missing
here?

thanks