A possible problem with kickstart.

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 12:10:57 UTC 2007

Howdy,

I have been trying to kickstart my systems and am having troubles with a usb-key.
The key is recognized as /dev/sda. My install drive is /dev/cciss/c0d0. When it
comes to placing the MBR for Grub, anaconda seems to want/insist on placing it on
/dev/sda. This leads to a problem when booting since I boot from /dev/cciss/c0d0p0
since that partition has NO MBR on it.

I've tried ignoredisk --drives=sda and bootloader --driveorder=cciss/c0d0 without
affecting the behavior described above.

Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Regards and THANKS for your help,

George...

=====
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Will Rogers