Kickstarting IBM servers

Patrick ks-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 20 17:10:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 20:22 +0530, Vimal Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a scenario in which its not able to do a kickstart on IBM
> servers, the process halts at the keymap. Tried various alternatives in
> the kickstart config; gb, uk, us; and also changed the keyboard and
> language settings. The problem occurs on both x86 or x86_64 bit RHEL5.
> The IBM Servers are mainly x345s and x346s. Tried Compaq KVMs, HP KVMs,
> standard Dell PS2 keyboards and other non-brand keyboards... with a
> mixture of US and UK keymaps. It's not possible to use the keyboard at
> all during the kickstart process... it's just garbled characters and
> renders it useless.

I use:

keyboard us
lang en_US

The file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/rhpl/keyboard_models.py
contains the list of possible keyboards and is part of the rhpl package

The file /usr/share/system-config-language/locale-list provides a list
of the valid language codes in the first column of each line and is part
of the system-config-language package.

Regards,
Patrick