NFS booting problem

Joe_Wulf Joe_Wulf at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 23:58:53 UTC 2007

I've got an on again, off again problem where I can initiate a kickstart for
RHEL5 (32 or 64 bit), as well as
for RHEL AS4 (32 or 64 bit) and many times the NFS mount for the KS config cannot
be found.  Then,
after numerous reboots to troubleshoot the problem, poof, the NFS mount is found
and some systems
get built.  Nothing changed.  Even reboots of the kickstart server, the Linksys
router and the Mac Pro
(with WinXP and VMware 6 installed) don't change that many restarts have to
happen before it will
somehow, magically start building.

A most confusing problem and one that I need insight, advice and questions from
you all on what to
check so I can solve it.  All help is appreciated!

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer
 ProSync Technology Group, LLC