Separate reference for %post

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Tue Oct 30 14:57:30 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Joe_Wulf wrote:

> Can the %post be a separate file altogether and ‘included’?  Where
> would I actually put the file so anaconda can properly get it?
> Where should it be put so that the %include directive properly picks
> it up?

I don't know about %including it, but I almost always make my %posts a
separate script, and then in the kickstart just run it from the real
%post.  Where you put it is going to depend on what kind of kickstart
you are doing (cdrom,http,nfs?).

My %post scripts are usually very minimal, generally something like
this:

%post
wget http://kickstart/cgi-bin/post-install > /tmp/post-install-script
chmod +x /tmp/post-install-script