Setting up LDAP/SSL during kickstart

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Sep 5 21:08:06 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

so, I'd originally asked about setting up ldapssl with kickstart. I
didn't get any answers so I figured I'd post what I did just in case
other ppl are having trouble:

This all happens in the %post section

%post
# Setup LDAP
#
# equiv to running setup tool
authconfig --kickstart --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enableldap
--enableldapauth --ldapserver ldap.yourdomain.com --ldapbasedn
dc=yourdomain,dc=com
#
# Turn SSL on in the config files
perl -p -i -e 's/^ssl no/ssl on/g' /etc/ldap.conf
echo "tls_cacertfile /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.asc" >> /etc/ldap.conf
echo "URI ldaps://ldap.yourdomain.com" >> /etc/openldap/ldap.conf
#
# Create a directory to hold our Cert Auth certificate
mkdir -p /etc/openldap/cacerts
# Download the CA certificate
wget -O /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.asc http://INSTALL_SERVER/cacert.asc
#
# Have PAM autocreate home directories upon login
echo "session required /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/
umask=0077" >> /etc/pam.d/system-auth
#
# Ensure that local authorization is enough to get on the system
# (i.e. root can login)
perl -p -i -e 's/^USELOCAUTHORIZE=no/USELOCAUTHORIZE=yes/'
/etc/sysconfig/authconfig

That's all it took for me.

Cheers,
Harry