Broken AMD64 RHEL4.5 Kickstart install...

Ross_Kramer rkramer at gryphonnetworks.com
Tue Sep 18 20:14:30 UTC 2007

I have been fighting with Enterprise server 4.5 64bit for the last week. So far I've encountered the following issues in my custom network kickstart build:

lvcreate doesn't appear to exist during install causing anaconda to fail when trying to create logical volumes,
getting past that by creating regular ext3 partitions

IOerror [28] Occurred http://url/to/my/buildir/disc1/RedHat/base/hdlist2 no space left on device

Now why that is running out of space is a complete mystery.

Has anyone run into this sort of problem?

I've attached an abbreviated ks.cfg for perusal