problem with the module bnx2

Wilson Felipe wfelipe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:28:07 UTC 2008

hello,

We are starting to install redhat 5.1 and centos 5.1 in our
environment, and it all went well until we tried with Dell machines
(PE1950 and 860), which have network cards using bnx2 (using MSI). The
problem is at the bnx2 module, we found out 2 way:

- using dhcp at pxe and at the boot:
the kernel and the initrd loads from pxe boot, and stops at
downloading the ks file, though it gets the ip from the dhcp, but the
network link is never put up, but in messages it prints "the link
becomes ready"

- using dhcp at pxe, and static ip at the boot
the kernel and the initrd loads from pxe boot, and also stops at
download the ks file, but after a few seconds, the links becomes ready
and we can get the ks file and the installation goes all well

has anyone seen this behavior using bnx2?