pxe menu

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 16:28:29 UTC 2008

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Just to be sure, menu.c32 is a module that extends pxe boot capabilities?

It's in the package.     For Cobbler I package the menu.c32 from a
Fedora version, however, because the version packaged with RHEL4 has
issues (I forget details -- it's been a while).   If running RHEL 5 as
the PXE server this should not be a problem.
> Is it build into the syslinux package or do I need to download it. I could not find anythng relevant on a RH AS 4 server which is my satellite box.

It's a seperate file.   If you install Cobbler and create some profiles
it will build the config files out in /tftpboot for you to look at and
play with.