What does kssendmac set?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 20:33:35 UTC 2008

Elliot Peele wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:32:11PM +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
>
>> I'd like to use the machine mac address to determine the host
>> configuration to be used and have just discovered the "kssendmac"
>> directive.
>>
>> Can someone tell me what additional information that directive sets and
>> how I should look for it in my CGI?
>>

> Looks like it sends a http header in the form:
>
> X-RHN-Provisioning-MAC-$interfaceIndex: $deviceName $macAddress
>

> Elliot

Robin, not sure if you just asked this in #kickstart, but here's some
example code of reading that from Python:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blob_plain;f=scripts/findks.cgi;hb=HEAD

For those that aren't there, #kickstart is on irc.freenode.net and is
the IRC companion to this channel. Join up, as it could
use some more people in it.

--Michael