Error with kickstart and raid

Lazic Aleksandar Aleksandar.Lazic at netavis.net
Thu Apr 17 09:47:00 UTC 2008

Joel Andres Granados wrotes on Thu., April 17, 2008 11:03 AM

>Lazic Aleksandar wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we use a custom layout in ks preinstall script

[snipp]

>> After a test installation we want to make the final installation but
>> we get always the following error:
>>
>> ValueError: md1 is already in mdList.

This is a known bug, it happens when you are trying to install over a
system that had raid in the past.  This issue is already solved in
RHEL5.2. My advice to you is to format the HD before installation.  With
the previously installed system, or put a %pre section in the kickstart
that does that for you.

Thank you ;-)

Cheers

Aleks