Not really a kickstart question.....

MyTechAccount mytechacc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 03:13:50 UTC 2008

I wrote a kickstart cgi that incorporates our machine database so I
can dump the correct netinfo based on incoming mac address.  so all I
have to do it enter the mac/ip into a table and boot the machine.
the kickme cgi then returns the correct info and autopopulates the
network config data based on settings we have on our internal
subnets.   you don't need anything that fancy though, just complete
the network config in the kickstart.cfg output

skipx
network --device eth0 --bootproto static --ip 192.168.20.189 --
netmask 255.255.2
55.0 --gateway 192.168.20.254 --nameserver 192.168.20.96 --hostname
something.something.something
rootpw --iscrypted yadayada

and it's completely automated