anaconda screens

Luis Correia luis.f.correia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 07:56:40 UTC 2008

Hi Jan,

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 08:35, Jan Wildeboer <jwildebo at redhat.com> wrote:

> | Luis Correia wrote:
> |> Hi,
> |>
> |> I'm about to do some funky %pre stuff in python, to decide whetner or
> |> not to install the machine and need some user interaction.
> |> We're only doing it in text mode, no need for fancy graphics.
> |>
> |> How do I from the %pre script write stuff to the screen, get input,
> |> maybe a button or two ?
> |>
> |> I've rummaged through the anaconda code, but it all seems a bit
> |> strange to me.
> |>
> |> Thanks for all the help you could provide,
> |> Luis Correia
>
> For starters, use the internet search engine of your choice with:
>
> ~  chvt anaconda
>
> ;-)
>
> Jan

Meanwhile I've managed to get exactly what I wanted.
The hint from Pablo was invaluable, as I've now done a much more
simplified mock up of the Anaconda screens and I'm currently working
on the interface to the user.

It is actually very simple and easy to do, once you know what you want.

Thank you all for the help.

p.s. Jan, you might not remember me, but we spoke for a while in the
Lisbon Open source conference, i'm the one working with CentOS :).

Luis Correia