Kickstart-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 2

Rodney Mercer rmercer at harris.com
Tue Aug 5 17:11:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:00 -0400, Christopher Mocock
<chris at wavestore.com> wrote:
>         Interesting. I can't really do the hack you mention because my
>         custom
>         spin has to go on lots of machines with different numbers of
>         drives so I
>         can't make any such assumptions. Thanks for the info anyway.
>
>         The only workaround I can think of is disconnecting all the
>         drives from
>         the RAID card, then doing the installation, then replacing the
>         drives.
>         Far from ideal.
>
>         Not really sure where to go from here.
>

>         --
>         Chris

Chris,

Possibly, you can use the "set $(list-harddrives)" in your kickstart
config %pre section to determine number of disks and their capacities.
>From that, you may be able to create some logic to create a partitioning
information file that could be included for the disk setup you desire
based on each machines disk arrangement. Check out the following post
for ideas and google "set $(list-harddrives)" for many more.

Regards,
Rodney.