Anaconda updates=<url> boot option

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 03:05:28 UTC 2008

Aaron Cohen wrote:
> I'm trying to configure PXE booting at the moment, and I've got it
> mostly working, except for the updates=<url> option.
>
> Is this meant to configure a server that RPM updates are pulled from
> during installation or is it more limited than that?
>
> I have it specified as a local yum repository, and it does not seem to
> be used at all, only my http:<install tree> (which I specified using
> method=<url>) is being used.
>
> Is the only option to create a kickstart file that adds my repository?
>
> This seems to be for both Fedora 9 and 10.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Anaconda for EL 5 and later (and any recent Fedora) has a "repo"
directive to attach to additional yum repositories during installation.

If you're using Cobbler, it will configure these for you for
repositories  you have mirrored and attached to particular profiles, so
that may be of interest.

Either way "repo" is what you want.

--Michael