error using kickstart file

Douglas Hubler douglas at hubler.us
Fri Feb 8 19:00:00 UTC 2008

Douglas Hubler <douglas <at> hubler.us> writes:
> I'm getting this error from anaconda 11.3.0.50 doing a kickstart install
>
> Stack Trace
>
>   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 917, in <module>
>         kickstart.processKickstartFile(anaconda, opts.ksfile)
>
>  ... (omitted)
>
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/commands/method.py", line
> 81, in parse
>    (opts, extra) = op.parse_args(args=args)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'parse_args'
> install exited abnormally [1/1]

> I get this error with every incarnation of kickstart files. Here's
> the simplest one I have
> -----------------------------
> install
> cdrom
> lang en_US.UTF-8
> keyboard us
>
> %packages
> @core
> anaconda-runtime
> iscsi-initiator-utils
> memtest86+
> vnc-server
> %end

I sort of found the problem, in the kickstart code that get's bundled into CD
respin simply cannot read the line
 cdrom

so I created an updates.img from the kickstart code i get when i update my own
f8 workstation by doing the following
 dd if=/dev/zero of=updates.img bs=1k count=2880
 /sbin/mke2fs -F updates.img
 sudo mount -o loop updates.img updates
 cd updates
 cp -r /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart .
Then copy updates.img into CD respin into
 [cdrom]/images/updates.img

I included the entire kickstart code, because I don't know where the exact error
is and even if I did, who knows what other errors I'd introduce if i picked one
source code file from one rev and mixed it with source code from a different rev

Questions
1.) Anyone see any flaws in my logic?
2.) This bug was obviously fixed in kickstart, if someone knows the patch or
even the bug db and source code repository so I can look it up myself, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks