How to restrict package installation to x86_64

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Feb 20 22:23:11 UTC 2008

Hello John,

I don't know if there's a way to globally restrict packages the way you're
looking for, but if it suits your purposes, you can write something like
this in the '%packages' section of your ks.cfg:

%packages
@ Admin
myfoopackage.x86_64
-myfoopackage.i386

The '-' prefix tells Kickstart not to install it.

hth,
Klaus

On 2/19/08 9:51 PM, "John Morris" <jman at ablesky.com>did etch on stone
tablets: