How to restrict package installation to x86_64

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed Feb 20 23:05:54 UTC 2008

Hi Jason,

Given the importance of libc.so to pretty much everything, it would stand to
reason that excluding it would prevent any apps from installing ... but then
you can tell Kickstart to pull dependencies during installation, so that
could undo the exclusion.

I've never tried that aggressive an approach to package exclusion; I would
just explicitly reference the i386 packages I didn't want and reference the
x86_64 versions that I did want ... it worked well enough, although it
wasn't what I would call an elegant solution.

Klaus

On 2/20/08 2:55 PM, "Jason Edgecombe" <jason at rampaginggeek.com>did etch on
stone tablets: