Weird issue trying to boot Dell 2450 ...

dwight at supercomputer.org dwight at supercomputer.org
Sat Feb 2 07:31:31 UTC 2008

Many older systems have CD-ROM drives that only support CD-R format.
They won't recognize a CD-RW disk. That would be the first thing
that I'd check. I used to have a system like that.

The key question here is whether Fedora ir CentOS will even read the
CD that you have. If it is indeed a media incompatibility, then no
OS will be able to read it. If the CD can indeed be read, then I'd
suspect a BIOS issue.

   -dwight-