Weird issue trying to boot Dell 2450 ...

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Tue Feb 5 12:13:28 UTC 2008

I think you have something going on with that specific system...

I've still got several 2450s running in production-- all were
booted and/or loaded from CD-R (didn't try CD-RW).

I'm also running CentOS-- my latest machine is running 4.4
(i.e., haven't tried to load a 2450 from a 4.5 or 4.6 CD).

If memory serves me (I'm at home at the moment), a 2450 uses
a laptop CDROM drive-- I've had *many* of these drives go flaky from
this vintage.

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea
 Mayo Clinic - Research Computing Facility