Re: Upgrading kernel used in PXE boot

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 11:30 -0600, Cris Rhea wrote:
> I have FC8 on a laptop in our computer room (using it as a
> console/display).
> Every time I go in there, it has at least a dozen updates that need to
> be applied.

you don't need and shouldn't update system every day, it only waste of
time waiting to update the system. I update my fedoras 2, 3 times a
month, When I build my respin iso with pungi.

> IMHO, FC8 isn't what I would call "stable", yet they are
> already talking about Alpha releases of FC9 on the lists.

IMHO it is very stable, about life time of a release be 6 months and EOL
1 year. I also sometimes thinks that I would prefer a little longer
versions. but sometimes not.
I enjoy very much, the new NetworkManager, the new java and without a
new version that wasn't possible.

you a new spin of F7  made by fedoraunity team you may try:
http://spins.fedoraunity.org/unity/fedora-unity-re-spin-f7-20080118
is the oldest one that I found.

But you always have the change to do your FC6 re-spin with pungi, I
think :)

Regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.