Unable to eject boot cd during kickstart install

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Wed Feb 13 14:55:13 UTC 2008

I've been using kickstart installs with Fedora and CentOS for quite a
while now.  I boot the system with a cd and enter the appropriate
command at the BOOT: prompt and away it goes.  I've gotten used to
being able to eject the cd from the system (using the button on the
drive) at the point where it is installing packages.  For some reason,
with Fedora 8 kickstart installs the cd is locked in the drive and I
cannot eject it.  I've tried going to a virtual terminal and running
'eject /tmp/cdrom', but it returns "Input/output error".

I'd like to be able to take the cd with me so that I don't have to go
and retrieve it later.  Does anyone know how this can be done?  Thanks
in advance for your help.

-----
- Peter Schwenk
- CITA-3, Systems Administrator
- Mathematical Sciences
- University of Delaware
- schwenk _at_ math _dot_ udel _dot_ edu
- http://www.math.udel.edu/~schwenk