Unable to eject boot cd during kickstart install

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 14 23:37:55 UTC 2008

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Peter Schwenk schrieb:
>> I, the OP, am in fact doing a network install.
>

> Would it be possible for you to setup cobbler? (DHCP, TFTP, etc.)
> It requires some time to get going, but after that, you never want to do
> it any other way again.

_I_ already have the install infrastructure set up, it's evolved since
RHL 7.2, and caters for Debian, Ubuntu and RHL-family. However,
sometimes it's convenient not to use it.

I'm contemplating extending it to do Windows too; I have one ISC DHCPD
set up that does Windows, I'm contemplating choosing between Windows and
The Others at PXE-boot time.

There has also been discussion (maybe other fora) in the distant past
about preventing install loops. Getting the CD out early would help.

Also a note when it's safe to remove USB media. for those with that need.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait