problems with unpartitioned harddrives and automatic partitioning

Eugeny Zadevalov lists at zadevalov.com
Fri Feb 15 08:10:47 UTC 2008

Hello,

Here is what it's on the console when drives are unpartitioned:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 938, in ?
instClass.setInstallData(anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 831, in setInstallData
self.ksparser.readKickstart(self.file)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pykickstart/parser.py", line
1151, in readKickstart
self.handleCommand(lineno, args)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 719, in handleCommand
self.handler.handlers[cmd](cmdArgs)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 440, in doPartition
if not hds.has_key(pd.disk) and hds.has_key('mapper/'+pd.disk):
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
install exited abnormally [1/1]

sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done

Does anyone from the anaconda development team actually read this list?