Re: How to restrict package installation to x86_64

John Morris schrieb:
Not sure if this is a kickstart, anaconda or yum question, so please slap and redirect me if this is the wrong forum.

I have got a related question.
Why was the naming-system chosen like it is anyway?

Why weren't the i386 libraries named as "compat-something"?

When I do a rpm -qi _package_ it isn't even obvious, which one is which!

Why are there so many i386-rpms in the x86_64 release anyway?

Wouldn't it be better to make everything 64bit and just leave out the few things that can't yet compile?
Who needs OpenOffice on a server anyway?

cheers,
Rainer